Saturday, June 7, 2008

Christiano Ronaldo $$$$

Speculation continues to cloud Cristiano Ronaldo's future at Old Trafford, but former Reds no.7 Bryan Robson is crystal clear in his message to the Portuguese star: Stay at United.Robson can't understand the logic in a move away from the current Premier League and Champions League winners and says success in the immediate future is far more likely at Old Trafford than it is at the Bernabeu. "I can't see much of a temptation to go to Real," the United legend said. "He is playing fantastic football and is admired by all the fans, players and coaching staff."He's on a massive contract so I don't see any reason to move to Real. How did they do in the Champions League last year?"He's got everything he wants at United. They are a young team and could go on to be successful for years. I don't see why he should leave," he told the Manchester Evening News.Robson, who recently took on an ambassadorial role at the club, knows the temptations that exist being a sought-after player."I went through the same thing," Robbo revealed. "Juventus and Sampdoria offered me a lot more money, but I was happy at United. This club is massive."Once they told me they wanted me to stay, that was all I needed to hear. If he weighs everything up, then why move if he is happy where he is? Money isn't everything."

No comments:

Popular Posts